Rules for IISE Puzzlor:
- To be eligible, you must be a dues-paying member to IISE with affiliation to Dallas-Fort Worth, and/or have affiliation with IISE DFW via IISE Connect (Virtual Members)
Rules of Play
- The contest will run from April 1st, 2021 to September 30th, 2021.
- On the first of each month, a new question will be released to the community.
- A question will be a “textbook” sort of question intended to identify key skills an IE might be responsible for knowing
- Responses may come in the form of an excel spreadsheet (.xls, .xlsx, .xlsm), word document (.doc, .docx), pdf (.pdf), or image(.jpg, .bmp, .png).
- If, for example, you use MATLAB, Python, or any other software to solve the problem, please do not respond with that software’s file type as your answer. These should be converted to one of the above submission options
- Participants will have the entire month to submit their response to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responses are due 11:59 PM of the last day of the month to be considered for prize eligibility
- Questions will derive from topics included in the IISE Body of Knowledge (BoK)
- Other topics still related to IE will be considered, but primarily, questions will relate to some topic within the BoK.
- One (1) point will be awarded for submitting a response
- One (1) point will be awarded for submitting a correct response
- One (1) point will be awarded for submitting the most innovative response*
- * “Innovative” is subjective and determined by the board. This might be a response that is most appropriately detailed, thorough, unique, most efficient, or uses an unconventional methodology.
- At the end of the year, the top 3 members in scoring will each receive a $100 cash prize, to be distributed via check or visa gift card (TBD).
In the month after the question was submitted, a video will be made available reviewing the topic and going over the submitted responses. The scoreboard will be available on IISE Connect.
And here is the May, 2021 Puzzlor
Data Set for Analysis: